Community Care Aide - Casual, Part-time, Full-Time
**NOTE: Evergreen Nursing is a HOME CARE Company - NOT a facility, long term care home or hospital**
Are you a Care Aide looking for a flexible and rewarding career? If so, come join our team at Evergreen Nursing Services!
About Evergreen: Families and people in need across Greater Vancouver have been relying on Evergreen Nursing Services since 2001 for thorough, skilful and compassionate nursing and home care support. A family-owned, independent, local nursing and home care company; Evergreen Nursing has been the GOLD recipient of the Consumer Choice Award for Homecare Company in Vancouver since 2005.
Where will you be working?: Vancouver
What roles are available?
- Option #1: Casual - "Work when you want" - Days, Nights, 4 hour to 12 hour shifts; part-time, full-time schedules available
- Option #2: Full-time - DAY and/or NIGHT shifts**
**How are Evergreen's Option #2 positions unique?: We will guarantee payment for 36 to 40 hours/week regardless of how many day or night shifts you are assigned! Enjoy the benefit of having consistent and predictable pay while working one-one-one with clients in the comforts of their own home! You would be required to be available 4-5 days/nights that DO NOT change within at least the first 6 months of hire (note: this would NOT mean you would work 5 shifts/week). Typical work schedule is 3, 12-hour shifts/week (any overtime hours offered would be optional/voluntary). You are to be available for sick/late cancellations on the days or nights of the week you are available.
With Evergreen, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Competitive pay with opportunities for salary increases
- Thorough orientation process
- Flexible work hours!
- Free access to over 1000 online educational courses for professional development
- One-on-one training as needed if a client has unique care needs
- 24/7 support from our Director of Nursing Services and the Evergreen Office staff
- One-on-one work with clients in a comfortable home
- Worksafe BC Coverage, EI and CPP contributions, 4% vacation pay
- Bi-weekly direct deposit
- Team social events (currently impacted by COVID-19)
- Bi-annual Employee Rewards Program (Grants for travel, personal expenses, education, etc.)
- Monthly Kudos Program Draw with financial rewards
- Cash bonuses for referrals
Ideally, you can bring:
- Experience in providing personal care
- Lift experience (asset)
- Food Safe Certification (asset)
- Ongoing commitment to our clients (no change in availability or at least the first 3 months)
- Criminal Record Check from the Ministry of Justice (we can process one for you)
- Fluency in English
- **As per BC's PHO Orders, all applicants must be fully vaccinated for COVID19 by October 26, 2021**
Compensation: $18-$22 per hour
Who Should Apply? Anyone with one of the following:
- Graduates from a recognized Health Care Assistant program OR
- International Nurses in Canada OR
- Non-Certified Care Aide and Registered with the BC Care Aide Registry
We appreciate your interest. Please note that we will only be contacting qualified candidates with strong availability.
Note: Evergreen is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, refugee status, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status, or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.